- ITS is helping the university remain at the forefront of the transportation landscape. The institute prepares graduate students across several disciplines to take on the most challenging transportation problems facing the county, state and nation. Click here for more details
JOE CHOW HAS BEEN SELECTED BY THE BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE ENO TRANSPORTATION FOUNDATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2009 ENO LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE IN WASHINGTON, DC, MAY 11-14, 2009.
- The Leadership Development Conference will provide a first-hand look at how transportation policy is developed and implemented. You will meet with top government officials, leaders of associations, and members of Congress and their staff. You will see how the nation's transportation policies are debated, shaped, formed, and ultimately adopted and applied. Upon completion of this intensive program, you will be better equipped to understand the policy-making process that will become increasingly more important as you pursue a career in transportation.
SARAH HERNANDEZ AWARDED SCHOLARSHIP FROM THE ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER OF WOMEN'S TRANSPORTATION SEMINAR
- Sarah Hernandez was awarded a scholarship from the Orange County Chapter of Women's Transportation Seminar (WTS). The 2008/2009 scholarship recipients were announced on December 10th, 2008 during their Annual Scholarship and Awards Evening Program. All scholarship recipients are sponsored by the Chapter for the international scholarship competitions. join ITS's prestigious list of recipients. Past recipients include Courtney Endo, Ji Young Park, Mei-Ting Tsai, Shin-Ting (Cindy) Jeng, Laia Pages, and Seri Park.
KENT HYMEL RECEIVES CUTC AWARD
- Ken has been selected to receive one of the prestigious student awards given annually by the Council of
University Transportation Centers, the Parker Award in the Policy & Planning category
- Kent also received two awards this year in the Department of Economics:
- The Art DeVany Prize for best graduate paper and
- The Outstanding Graduate Student award.
- Last year he also won the Kenneth A. Small award for graduate work in urban and transportation economics, and his second Dean's
Commendation for outstanding teaching.
- For a copy of Kent's CV, click here
TRANSPORTATION PLANNER JOB OPENING - TAHOE REGIONAL PLANNING AGENCY
WEI LI STUDENT DIRECTOR OF THE UCI EARTHQUAKE RELIEF FUND
- Led by doctoral student Wei Li, UCI mobilizes an emergency relief effort for victims of the China quake
- For more details click here
JOSEPH CHOW AWARDED SCHOLARSHIP FROM THE RAILWAY CLUB OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
- Joe was presented with the scholarship at the Railway Club Dinner meeting on the evening of Tuesday, April 8, 2008.
- For more information about the organization and scholarship click here.
PROFESSOR VOLODYMYR BILOTKACH NOMINATED TO BE A MEMBER OF THE TRB COMMITTEE ON INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS IN AVIATION FOR THE TERM 4/15/2008 TO 4/14/2011.